Is your child addicted to TikTok? TikTok launched in 2017 and Tiktok videos attract huge audiences with responsive content. On Tiktok, people sync 15 second music and comedy videos and watch all kinds of videos. It has short videos like a vine and an Instagram-like newsfeed. Therefore, the new generation uses this continuously and has become almost addicted to TikTok, which is not the right thing. Most parents are looking for an answer to thishow to block tiktokapp.
In this article, we will show you how to lock TikTok app 2022 on a phone.
- Part 1: Why You Should Block TikTok?
- Part 2: How to Block or TikTok?
- Part 3: How to limit TikTok screen time for my kid? - KidsGuard
- Part 4: [Bonus] How to Monitor My Kid's TikTok History? - KidsGuard Pro for Android
- Part 5: Does TikTok have parental controls?
- FAQ about blocking TikTok
Why should you block TikTok?
Many people wonderTikTok is safe for kids🇧🇷 Unfortunately, we fear no, because:
There are two main sections of the TikTokapp feed. One is "Follow" and the second is the default "For You" which is a stream of videos like the explore page. The For You page shows all types of content without filters, such as: B. Adult video clips, 18 plus jokes and dialogues, inappropriate music etc. and this type of content is not good for children.
It gets access to your cell phone model, screen resolution, current operating system, phone number, location, email address, key press pattern and contacts list.
Through TikTok, users can contact anyone around the world. Therefore, it is very dangerous, especially for children. We all know that TikTok is now mostly used by teenagers and 20-year-olds. Your kids can chat with anyone via TikTok. Therefore, your children may be in danger as there are many sex offenders. They use praise and flattering language to make children feel special and become prey to them. Therefore, if your kid is a TikTok user, block TikTok app on their phones.
Negative effects on the brain
TikTok is becoming an addiction and is having a negative impact on mental health. TikTok can lead to anxiety and depression. It can also cause memory problems in teenagers. TikTok can also induce severe physical tics in teenage girls.
There can be inappropriate and personal things on TikTok. Sometimes there are some videos that can lead to self-harm or incite violence. Depressed kids who use TikTok can be dismissive and sarcastic. It may even encourage people to attempt suicide.
How do I block TikTok?
There are different methods for thisTikTok App blockedon Android, iPhone and routers.
1. Block TikTok on Android
- Access the Play Store and download freedom and create an account;
- Now tap on oneBlock list🇧🇷 Define a name for your block list;
- click inAdd blacklist🇧🇷 now come inTick. com.tap onAdd website, or you can also choose TikTok from the list below;
- Tap the "Save" button to save the block list;
- don't touchstart sessionbutton to block TikTok;
- Now TikTok not working on this device.
2. Block TikTok on iPhone
Astiktok do not block iphone🇧🇷 iPhone users can lock TikTok app easily by following these steps.
- Go to iPhone settings, clickGeneral;
- Here you will see different options, scroll down and click on the optionrestrictionand activate it;
- Now enter a password, scroll down and tapinstalled applicationsPossibility;
- Here, tap on the TikTok app and click on the buttonDisable option;
- Now your kid can't access TikTok app on iPhone.
3. Block TikTok on the router
To block TikTok app on router, you need to follow these steps
- First you need to add theOpenDNS-IP-Adresseno wireless router;
- Then create an initial openDNS account and login to your account.
- Configure router IP address and next block TikTok domain name.
How can I limit my child's TikTok screen time? - KidsGuard
If your kid has become a TikTok addict and you intend to keep them away from TikTok app and set a screen time limit on this app, you are in luck because KidsGuard- ascreen time appIt offers you the ability to set a screen limit for using apps like TikTok, Instagram, Telegram, etc.
1. How to Use KidsGuard to Limit TikTok Screen Time?
KidsGuard is a parental control app that parents can easily install to limit screen time and monitor all their online activities. Installing KidsGuard is an effortless process; The full installation process takes less than 5 minutes.
Follow these simple steps to install KidsGuard:
Step 1.Download KidsGuard on parent's phone
Go to Play Store or App Store and install KidsGuard app.
Step 2.Create an account for KidsGuard
Create an account with your email or sign in directly with Gmail, Facebook or Apple ID. And log in to your account.
Level 3.Download KidsGuard Jr. on your child's phone
After creating an account, go to the application interface and click"Call now"option, and then click the I'm ready option. Here you see oneshortcutor oneQR-Code, copy one of them to download KidsGuard Jr and install the app on kid's device.
step 4Start setting screen time on TikTok
After successful installation, go to Dashboard; Add basic information about the child like age, name, gender etc. after that go toApp Lockand select Tiktok. You can lock the entire app or just set the screen timeout.
2. What can you do with KidsGuard?
Here are the amazing features of KidsGuard:
- Web blocking:The amazing feature of KidsGuardapp is web blocking that parents can use to block all inappropriate websites.
- Application lock:With the app blocking feature, you can block all the unwanted apps that your kids waste time on. Like gaming apps and entertainment apps like TikTok etc.
- Geofences:This function helps to define no-go areas; You can set the place you want your child to visit. This feature lets you know when your child tries to go into that area.
- Actual Location History:This kids feature makes kids safer when they go out. With this feature, parents can easily get the real-time location of kids.
- Browser history:Through this feature, parents can know all the online activities, e.g. E.g. what they searched for, what they looked at on the internet, etc.
[Bonus] How to Monitor My Kid's TikTok History? - KidsGuard Pro for Android
KidsGuardPro for Android is aParental control appSpecially designed for parents to know kids online activities. This app helps parents mitigate the potential risk of TikTok. Besides TikTok, this app can also monitor YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Tinder, WhatsApp, Telegram, etc.
1. TikTok Monitoring Features
KidsGuardpro for Android recently released an amazing TikTok monitoring feature that notifies parents about TikTok activities. This app provides a comprehensive report of what your child has seen; displays the title of the video, as well as the username and time. In addition, KidsGuardPro for Android shows how many videos your kid has watched today and also shows TikTok screen time. Also, you can easily check what they are looking for on TikTok app, so you can get an idea of what your kid is looking for on TikTok.
This way parents can easilyTikTok Account hackof your child and can take future steps.
2. How to set up parental control app on your kid's phone?
KidsGuardpro app for Android is a highly efficient parental control app and the best part is that it is easy to install on your phone. You don't need to install or download anything to use KidsGuardPro for Android.
Here are some easy installation steps for you.
Step 1.Sign up for KidsGuardPro account
Sign up for KidsGuardPro for Android with your verified email address and buy a premium package.
monitor nowwatch demo
Step 2.Download KidsGuard Pro for Android
After purchasing a premium package, you will get a link to download app on the target phone. Download and install the app on the target device. Configure according to the instructions.
Level 3.Check your child's TikTok history
Once installed, go to the official website, log in to your account, in the live panel you will see the different options; touch theVideo-Apps > TikTok, you can check search history and watch history of TikTok.
Does TikTok have parental controls?
Yes, the TikTok app has a built-in parental control feature. This amazing feature helps parents to control usage of this app in different ways. You can make changes to the settings and save them with a password, and the best part is that kids can't change the settings. For example, as a parent, you can set the screen time limit, the maximum time limit is 2 hours and the minimum time you can set is 40 minutes. After the allowed time, the boy cannot use it in overtime.
Also, these parents can turn on Restricted Mode in Kids TikTok app and this feature will filter the content and not show kids adult content.
FAQ about blocking TikTok
1. How to Block TikTok Download?
If you don't allow your kids to download TikTok app, you can block that particular app on the target device. You can take help of KidsGuard app because it has the feature"App-Blocker"Install this app on your device, add TikTok to block list and the app will be blocked and your kids won't be able to download it.
2. Can I block TikTok on my WiFi?
Yes, you can block TikTok on your WiFi network router by blocking TikTok domains.
3. How to Block TikTok on Chrome?
It's easy to block TikTok on Chrome; Here are the steps:
- You just need to download a Chrome extension called "block Tiktok";
- Install it and add it to the extensions.
- Once installed, you cannot use TikTok.
Undoubtedly, TikTok is an entertaining app and most of us like TikTok videos, but it is not safe for children under 13 years old because there are too many adult content like videos, songs, dialogues, etc. that there are many scammers and sex offenders on the TikTok app and children are not safe here. If your kid is using the TikTok app, there are still some quick steps you can take to protect them from the dangers of TikTok. Download KidsGuard to limit kids' screen time and install KidsGuard Pro for Android to block and monitor kids activities on TikTok.
Can I block TikTok on my daughter's phone? ›
How to Block TikTok on an Android Phone or Tablet. 1. Click on the Freedom icon to launch the app, and then click Blocklists. Next, tap Manage next to Blocked Applications.How do I restrict access to TikTok on iPhone? ›
- In the TikTok app, tap Profile at the bottom.
- Tap the Menu button at the top.
- Tap Settings and privacy.
- Tap Content preferences, then tap Restricted Mode.
- Follow the steps in the app to set or enter a passcode to turn Restricted Mode on or off.
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- At the top right, tap the Profile icon.
- Tap Manage apps & devices > Manage.
- Tap the name of the app you want to delete.
- Then finally, tap Uninstall.
If you have a Windows computer, you can tweak your Wi-Fi router's URL-filtering settings to ban TikTok. Open the Admin Panel and log into your account. Open the “URL Filter List” (On some routers, it may be called the “Disallow List” or “Firewall”). Type “tiktok.com” into the URL field and tap “Save.”Is there a way to block TikTok accounts? ›
Open the profile of the person you want to block and tap on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner of your screen. Choose Block from the menu that pops up below.Does parental control block TikTok? ›
Within settings, go to Content Preferences to set the app to block videos containing certain keywords or enable the password-protected Restricted Mode. Tap Filter Video Keywords to add keywords and hashtags that you want restricted. You can also choose which feeds to filter.Can you restrict a TikTok for a kid? ›
TikTok also offers some tools for parents and caregivers to limit how much time kids spend on the app and what kids can see. Parents and caregivers can also use Restricted Mode to reduce mature content, or Family Safety Mode to pair their account with their kid's account to control settings completely.Can you put child restrictions on TikTok? ›
Parental supervision tools
TikTok has “Digital Wellbeing” tools for all accounts that set daily screen time and limit certain videos with Restricted Mode, which TikTok says “limits content that may not be appropriate for some viewers.” Go to Settings and Privacy > Digital Wellbeing to access the tools.
You can disable the in-app browser monitoring by going into your TikTok settings and turning it off (Fleksy suggests this option). It is as simple as that!How do I block TikTok on my AT&T router? ›
- Select the child from the list of family members.
- Scroll down and tap Content Filters.
- Choose Add a website.
- Select Blocked or Trusted.
- Tap Block a website or Trust a website.
- Enter the website you want to block or add, and tap Save.
How do I block an Android app on my router? ›
In the Android Mobile network settings, tap on Data usage. Next, tap on Network access. Now you see a list of all your installed apps and checkmarks for their access to mobile data and Wi-Fi. To block an app from accessing the internet, uncheck both boxes next to its name.Can VPN unblock TikTok? ›
Yes, TikTok is among hundreds of popular apps banned in India due to their affiliation with China. Fortunately, using a VPN will help to bypass the ban.How do I block and delete TikTok? ›
- Tap Profile in the bottom right.
- Tap the 3-line icon in the top right.
- Tap Settings and Privacy.
- Tap Manage account > Delete account.
- Follow the instructions in the app to delete your account.
Click the BlockSite icon in your extensions (located to the right of the search bar), then the gear icon to access settings. If you don't see the icon, click the Extensions icon, then click the pin next to BlockSite. 5. To block a website, go to the Block Sites tab.What does TikTok restricted mode do? ›
Restricted Mode is an option at the account settings level that limits the appearance of content that may not be appropriate for all audiences. Restricted Mode can always be turned off by the person who enabled it to begin with.What Parental Controls does TikTok have? ›
- No direct messages (DMs)
- Automatic private accounts.
- Comments are limited to “Friends” or “No one”
- No videos can be remixed or downloaded.
- Go to your profile page or your child's profile page.
- Click on the three dots that are located in the top right-hand corner and select Digital Wellbeing.
- Tap Restricted Mode and follow the steps in the app.
Jean Twenge, our nation's leading researcher on how social media impacts child and adolescent development, recommends that no child under 13 should be on any social media, including TikTok. And I would add that many 13-year-olds aren't ready.Can I let my 10 year old have TikTok? ›
The app has an age-rating of 13+.Can my 12 year old daughter have TikTok? ›
The minimum age for a TikTok user is 13 years old. While this is great news for younger users, it's important to note that TikTok doesn't use any age verification tools when new users sign up.
Is it okay for a 12 year old to have TikTok? ›
For kids under age 13, there's a version of TikTok where they can create videos but not post them, and they can view only videos deemed appropriate for children.How do I turn off TikTok on my Samsung? ›
- 1 Open the Play Store app.
- 2 Tap your user icon.
- 3 Tap My apps & games.
- 4 Tap Installed.
- 5 Tap on the app you want to uninstall.
- 6 Tap Uninstall.
- Go to Screen Time. After deleting TikTok, go to the Screen Time panel on your iPhone's Settings.
- Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions. ...
- Enable Content & Privacy Restrictions. ...
- Press iTunes & App Store Purchases. ...
- Tap Installing Apps. ...
- Set The Option to Don't Allow.
Open the Settings app on your Android device. Click on the Apps or Apps & notifications option to see the list of apps on your device. Click on the app you want to change its permission settings. Turn off all or a few permissions you want to restrict the app.How can I block TikTok on my Samsung phone? ›
- Go to the play store and download freedom and create account;
- Now tap on a block list. Set a name your blocklist;
- Click on Add blocklist. ...
- Tap on the save button to save the block list;
- Tap on the Start Session button to block the TikTok;
- Now TikTok will not work on this device.
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Select an app you want to stop, then tap Force Stop. The app will relaunch when you restart your phone. ...
- The app clears battery or memory issues only until you restart your phone.
Admins can block a specific app or multiple apps from being download on Android, Apple, and Windows devices using the Mobile Device Manager Plus console.How do I block social media apps on Android? ›
To choose the apps you wish to block, tap the Blocklists icon on the bottom of the screen and then tap "Manage" next to Blocked Applications. After tapping "Manage", you'll see a list of your device's apps divided by category. On this screen, you can select the apps you wish to block during Freedom sessions.How do I manually disable apps? ›
- From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen. These instructions only apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.
- Navigate: Settings. Apps. ...
- Tap the appropriate app. If system apps aren't visible: Tap the. ...
- Tap. Disable. ...
- Tap. Disable app.
Uncheck the Allow users to install apps box. When unchecked, users can't access the App Store and apps bought on other devices can't download automatically. Users can still download allowed apps through the Google Device Policy app. Click Save.
How do you stop TikTok from spying? ›
- Don't allow Tiktok access to your contacts, Google account or other social media platforms.
- Don't allow Tiktok access to your location.
- Limit ad personalization.
- Make sure your profile stays as low-profile as possible.
You can either restrict particular apps or choose a time period when you won't be able to use your phone. You can start learning about built-in tools and how to prevent apps from using data on Android with their help. To begin with, you can set data warnings and limits through your Network & Internet settings.How do I permanently block websites on my Android phone? ›
- Install the AppBlock app.
- Select “Try Quick Block.”
- Tap “Choose what to block.”
- Select “See all.”
- Go to the “Webs” tab.
- Type the URL of a website you want to block and tap “Save.”
Depending on your platform, you may have access to built-in app restrictions, or you may be able to use third-party apps from your app store to restrict the app. For Android users, you can use “Digital Wellbeing” to set time limits for particular apps and activities, or use “Focus Mode” to temporarily disable apps.