And you might not be entering the wrong credentials as many users think. We will explore possible reasons for the error in this article.
We all hate ads that interrupt us using apps on our phones. However, if you have an ad shield installed on your phone, it can sometimes interfere with your connection to TikTok's servers. This is often the case with aggressive ad-blocking apps. Here's why: a. Some ad blockers are designed to block tracking codes used by apps to create advertisements. TikTok uses tracking codes to record data such as your video preferences and location. Ad protector may interpret this activity as an ad tracker and block your access to TikTok. TikTok may also block your access to its servers because you are using an app that is blocking TikTok's normal tracking activities. Whatever the case, using an ad saver can result in "Too Many Attempts". Try again later".
2. You are using a DNS server
By default, your phone or PC is automatically assigned a DNS name when you connect to the Internet. However, you may have to change this assigned DNS from time to time for one reason or another. While the new DNS works for other websites and apps you connect to, it may not be able to reach TikTok's servers, resulting in your account being inaccessible. TikTok's servers may also consider traffic coming from your device suspicious due to your DNS settings.
3. You are trying to send too many codes to your number
When trying to log into your account or perform a specific action on TikTok, such as resetting your password, you may be required to send a code to your mobile phone for proper authentication/verification. If you repeatedly make this request, TikTok may interpret the action as coming from a bot or someone trying to access your account illegally. So you are blocked from accessing the account, albeit temporarily.
4. You are temporarily blocked from logging in
Sometimes TikTok may also temporarily block your access for reasons unknown to you. We investigated and found that these are some of the reasons: a. TikTok noticed unusual login behavior, such as using a different device or being in a new geographic locationb. TikTok is currently undergoing maintenance and does not want to grant access to users during this window to avoid security breaches. This restriction usually disappears in a short time and requires no action on your part.
5. There is an error
Whether due to a new update or prolonged use, your TikTok app may acquire a bug (software program malfunction) and this may cause it to stop working properly, resulting in "Too Many Attempts". Please try again later” error.
6. You have entered the wrong data too many times
The reason for the failure could also be as simple as entering the wrong login details multiple times. You may have forgotten your login credentials or you may just be making a mistake entering your username and password. Whatever the case, TikTok will block your access to the app when you enter the wrong data. Your activities would be interpreted as a possible unauthorized attempt to access your account.
7. They think you're a robot
App owners, especially for social networks and content sharing sites, are looking to prevent bots from performing actions in their apps. This is because: a. These bots can use the apps to perform illegal actions or spread false and dangerous informationb. Bots can use the app to breach (hack) the app owner's serversc. App owners want to ensure that interactions within their apps are genuine human interactions with each other. Therefore, whenever there is an activity in the application that appears to be performed by a robot, your access is instantly blocked. Some of these activities include Sending too many passcodes to your cellphoneii. Spam actions such as liking too many videos of a user in too little timeiii. Entering incorrect login details separately within a short time
8. TikTok server is down
Sometimes it's not you, it's TikTok. TikTok uses servers to host and distribute content. Sometimes your servers may be down for any of the following reasons: a. User traffic at any given time is too much for the servers to handle. Usually a TikTok update solves this problemb. There is a technical glitch, power outage or unplanned shutdown of the TikTokc servers. TikTok is performing maintenance activity that affects services. There was a security breach on TikTok's servers. When any of the above situations occur, TikTok will not be able to handle login requests and this may result in "Too Many Attempts". Please try again later" error.
How to Fix “Too Many Attempts. Please try again later” on TikTok
As with all generic error messages, there is no single solution to the problem. Just as the problem has different possible causes, it also has different possible solutions. You will need to try these solutions one after the other until you find the one that works for you.
1. Restart or TikTok
The first step you should take when you encounter the error is to restart the application. This is because sometimes the error can be a result of an application glitch causing a temporary malfunction. Restart:
- Exit the TikTok app
- Slide it out of your recent apps so it's completely closed
- Open the app again. This process will update the TikTok app and remove any glitches. If you're using TikTok in a web browser, close the tab completely instead of refreshing or reloading the page. Open a new tab and try again to access your TikTok account
2. Update app
Sometimes the problem can occur because your TikTok app is out of date. Often, app makers release updates because they know of bugs that have built into the current version of the app. These errors can be responsible for the type of error you face when opening TikTok. The message “Too many attempts. Please try again later” error was sometimes fixed simply by updating the TikTok app.
3. Reinstall TikTok
If you update your TikTok app and the problem persists, the app may have acquired bugs, settings or usage data that is causing the malfunction, or TikTok is blacklisting your device. To start over, simply uninstall TikTok and reinstall it. On your phone, press and hold the TikTok app. From the displayed options, select Uninstall or Remove App depending on your phone's operating system. Then go back to Play Store or App Store to reinstall TikTok
4. Install an older version of TikTok
Sometimes the problem can be caused by the version of TikTok installed on your phone. If you notice the "Too many attempts. Please try again later" error after updating your TikTok app, there is probably an issue with the latest version. If your apps are set to update automatically, you shouldn't know. , so it's good to try anyway. Note, however, that this method is more viable for Android users, as iOS does not legally allow installing apps from outside the App Store. Also, keep in mind that this should only be tried as a temporary solution because the TikTok app installed using this method will not receive updates from the manufacturer. While this is not a major issue, you would miss out on new features introduced with updates. To start:
- Long press the TikTok app on your phone and select App info. Note the TikTok version at the top of the screen
- Uninstall the current version from your phone. To do this, press and hold the app again and select Uninstall.
- In your browser, go to a website that offers direct app downloads called APK, to download an older version of TikTok. We recommend APK Mirror or APK Free. Below is the address of each:https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk&s=tiktokohttps://androidapksfree.com/tik-tok/com-zhiliaoapp-musically/old/TikTok versions are written alongside TikTok and start with 21, 22, 23 or 24 with a decimal after it.
- Select any pre-previous version on your phone.
- Download the app on your phone
- Go to Settings on your phone
- Select Security
- Check Unknown Sources
- Select file manager
- Select Trust and Accept. close settings
- Go to File Manager on your phone
- Select Downloads
- Tap on the file you downloaded to start the installation. Once installation is complete, open the app and try to log in to your account. If the problem persists, try the following steps
5. Use a DNS... or stop using one
The problem is that DNS server issues change with device, ISP, location, etc. For some users, specifying a DNS resolved the issue. For others, removing the custom DNS server resolved the issue. Remember that DNS allows your device to connect to the internet and TikTok's servers. If you don't already have DNS configured, follow these steps: For Android For iOS If you already had DNS configured when you encountered the TikTok error, revert the changes by changing Static to DHCP on Android and Manual to Automatic on iOS. After making these changes, try accessing TikTok again to see if the error is fixed.
6. Remove Ad Guard from your phone
As we explained above, using an ad blocker on your phone may interfere with your connection to TikTok's servers. This issue does not occur with all ad blockers, so you can only tell by trying it. Uninstall the ad blocker from your phone and watch the error disappear. If the error is gone and using an ad blocker is very important to you, try using another ad blocker app.
7. Usa TikTok.com
You can also access TikTok using your phone's browser instead of the app. This is because the problem could be related to an error in the application such as:
- The TikTok app on your phone may be faulty
- The servers hosting the app on TikTok may be down. These servers are usually different from those hosting the web version.
- You performed an activity on the app that resulted in a temporary access restriction. In both cases, just type tiktok.com into your phone's browser and log in to your account. This usually bypasses problems associated with the application.
8. Um TikTok no PC
Another way around the error “Too many attempts. Please try again later" is to use your PC. There are many reasons for this:
- TikTok may have blocked your phone's IP address
- Your phone's network settings might be corrupted
- Your phone may have a technical issue that is preventing the connection. If any of these are the case then using the web browser on your phone will not resolve the issue so you will need to use a PC. The address remains the same, tiktok.com
9. Reset network settings
Alternatively, you can reset your phone's network settings to try to resolve the TikTok error. As noted in the previous step, your network settings may be corrupted or you may have made changes to settings that affect your device's ability to access TikTok. servers. What network reset does is it deletes all network names, passwords, VPN connections (and connection settings), DNS settings, IP addresses and other network information stored on your phone and allows a new configuration provided by your WIFI or mobile data provider To reset for Android: OR To reset for iOS:
10. Use QR code to login
Using the QR code is another way to avoid problems associated with login problems. Instead of logging in with your username and password, you can use the QR code to log in just like you would on WhatsApp for desktop. To enter with the QR code
- Go to tiktok.com on your PC and click Sign In at the top of the page.
- Click Use QR code
- Open the TikTok app on your phone and click on the Discover tab.
- Tap the QR code icon in the upper right corner of the screen
- Now place your phone in front of the QR bar on PC
- Then you will be asked to confirm the login on your mobile
11. Use another phone
When the above options don't work or you can't do some of them, try using another phone to log in to your account. Using another phone is like starting from scratch. Everything is ignored including app cache, app errors, login activities, IP address, network settings, phone errors and crashes that could be causing the error on your phone. Before doing this, it's always best to add your phone number or email to your account. This is useful when you have problems with your login details on your new phone or if you are asked to confirm. To link your phone or email:
12. Try logging in with Facebook or Instagram
If the problem is with your login details, especially if you are entering the wrong details or you are having trouble receiving codes on your mobile, try logging in with your social media accounts. On the TikTok app or website, there are options to sign in with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google for Android or Apple for iOS. In fact, it's recommended that you have this set for cases like this to prevent your account from being permanently blocked. You can use your linked social media accounts to recover your TikTok account. If you haven't linked your social media accounts to your TikTok account yet, you can do so by following the steps below:
- Abrir Tik Tok
- Click on the Profile tab
- Click on Edit Profile
- Click Add Instagram to your profile or Add YouTube to your profile (adding youtube also adds your Google account).
13. Remember your data
“Too many tries. The Try again later error can be caused by something as simple as repeatedly entering incorrect login details. It may be that you have forgotten the correct data (mainly the password) or are making mistakes when typing the data. Here are some things to keep in mind when entering your details:
- Your username is not case sensitive, but your password is, so use caps lock only where appropriate
- Spaces are not allowed in a username or password, so avoid pressing the space bar
- Enter your username without the @ symbol. This symbol is added by default by TikTok. If you forget your password, you can reset it and recover your account. However, you can only do this if you have already: Linked your TikTok account to a social media account or Linked your phone number or email to your TikTok account. The steps to do this were explained in the previous steps. If you've already done so, resetting your password is easy. Just follow these steps:
14. Wait for the problem to go away
Sometimes the cause of the problem is a temporary glitch in the app, phone, network or TikTok. Failures happen from time to time in technology. They are usually corrected in a short amount of time. Also, as explained above, it could also be that TikTok has simply placed a temporary restriction on your login for various reasons. Waiting a bit might solve the problem... especially if you're sure of the login details you've entered.
15. Wait until the server problem disappears
While waiting for the problem to go away, you can quickly check online to see if there are any issues with TikTok in general. A website like Down Detector often reports problems with apps and websites. I have to wait for Tik Tok to solve the problem.
16. A VPN first
A VPN is an application that primarily secures your internet connection. But a more popular use on cell phones is changing or hiding IP addresses. When you get the message “Too many attempts. Please try again later”, it is likely that TikTok blocked your IP address from accessing their servers for any of the reasons explained above. To bypass this restriction of your phone's IP, you will need to install and connect to the internet via VPN. VPN will not only change your IP address but also the geolocation of your device. This is important if you are trying to use TikTok in a country where the app is banned or restricted. To install a VPN: After connecting, you can try accessing TikTok again
17. Stop sending codes to the number
If you were trying to send authentication codes to your phone number when the "Too many attempts. Try again later" error occurred, all you need to do is stop the process and try logging into your account at another time. This restriction is usually temporary and disappears after an hour.
18. Switch browsers or go incognito
If you are using TikTok on the web and you see the message “Too many tries. Please try again later”, you can try using another browser or staying incognito. Anonymous means that the window does not and will not save any logs of the website history, cache, cookies or any other data of the website you visit. This is important because the TikTok error could be a result of data being stored in the browser preventing your connection to TikTok. So switching browsers or using incognito mode eliminates this particular challenge. Go Incognito in Chrome: for Safari on Mac
19. Clear the cache
Another way to eliminate the problem caused by stored website data is to clear the cache. Whether you are using the app or a browser, clearing the cache will remove any temporarily stored data that might be preventing you from logging into your TikTok account. clear cache in the TikTok app directly: To clear cache without opening the app: On iOS Navigate to Settings on your device To clear cache on Chrome and other similar browsers: In Safari:
20. Report problem
After trying all the above fixes and the issue persists, you can report the issue to TikTok and wait for their feedback. To do this